DATA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CLIENTS AND SUPPLIERS
THERMOVAC PLASTICS (UK) LTD are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
THERMOVAC PLASTICS (UK) LTD is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our contact details are: Unit 402 Bretton Park Way, Dewsbury WF12 9BS. For all data matters contact our Data Protection officer Paul Rawson who can be contacted on 01924 437854 or email paul [AT] thermovacplastics.co.uk.
How do we collect your personal data?
You provide us with personal data when you correspond with us either in person or via an online enquiry form, over the telephone, fax, traditional post, email or through our social media pages. This includes name, address, telephone number(s), email address, and payment instructions.
We use this information to deliver products and services you or your employer contracts Thermovac Plastics Ltd to supply.
Information we get from other sources
We do not collect any additional personal information from third parties.
The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide services and fulfil our obligations to you our customers
- To provide technical support and customer care
- To process payments
- To detect incorrect order details
- To communicate with you our customers and consenting subjects regarding our services
- To facilitate access for users on our website
- To provide you with information about products or services that you request from us
- To review job applications
- To satisfy employment administration for Payroll, pension and other benefits
The categories of personal data concerned
Personal data as described in Article 6 of GDPR
Name, Address, Telephone Number, Email, Payment information and IP address. We may also retain records of your queries and correspondence in the event you contact us e.g. by email or via our website. We also record all telephone conversations for training and monitoring purposes.
Special categories of data as described in Article 9 of GDPR
We do not process any sensitive data.
What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
Personal Data for Marketing
We may occasionally send you marketing materials in the form of email communication. The legal basis for this data processing is covered under legitimate interest. We believe that as you have either enquired about or used our services in the past or at present, you will be interested in these communications. You can unsubscribe at any time through the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the footer of the emails or by emailing to sales [AT] thermovacplastics.co.uk.
Data security is of great importance to Thermovac Plastics and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected online.
Specifically we utilise the following systems: remote data backup, anti-virus, cyber security software and appropriate user access levels. Any physical copies of personal data that we hold are kept securely in lockable cabinets.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with following categories of recipients:
- IT companies who support our Websites, Apps and other business systems;
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers;
- Data insight and data analysis companies (to provide us with tools to analyse the data which we hold);
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights or apply our Terms and Conditions, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
Where we share your personal information with third party service providers and partners we apply a policy to ensure your personal information is safe and in order to protect your privacy. Our policy requires:
We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
They may only use your data for the purposes we specify in our contract with them.
We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
If we stop using their services, any of your personal information held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous (subject to applicable law).
How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. For more information about the specific periods for which we retain your data, please contact us using the contact details provided.
Providing us with your personal data
By continuing to trade with Thermovac Plastics or by submitting any personal data, you agree to this collection, transfer, storing, maintenance and / or processing in so far as the data is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with the GDPR.
Transfer of Data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
We do not transfer your personal data outside of the EEA
Automated Decision Making
We do not use any form of automated decision making in our business.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was your lawful basis for processing the data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact our DATA PROTECTION OFFICER Paul Rawson on 01924 437854 or email paul [AT] thermovacplastics.co.uk
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.